Mary Baldwin University (MBU), a private institution in Staunton, VA, with a 176 year history of quality educational programs, invites individuals with exceptional skills and experience in PA education and /or practice to apply for this position and join a vibrant and innovative team of PA, OT, PT, MHA and Nursing faculty. The Physician Assistant Program welcomed its charter class of students in January 2016. It is a part of Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS), located at the MBU branch campus in Fishersville, VA. The campus is a short drive from historic Charlottesville, VA, and located in the shadow of 3 mountain ranges comprising the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. The storied Appalachian Trail is only minutes away along with numerous outdoor recreational venues including, several ski resorts and Shenandoah National Park, with over 500 miles of trails. The MDCHS campus is in the medical corridor of Augusta County and serves over 350 students in a state of the art facility completed in 2014.
This position is a full time, 12 month, non-tenure track appointment carrying rank at either the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Responsibilities include instruction, academic advising, program evaluation, and clinical site development, service to the university and community and development of a scholarly agenda consistent with teaching responsibilities. This position is a direct report to the PA Program Director. Mary Baldwin University offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Rank is commensurate with experience. Review of applications will begin October 30, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
Successful candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications:
– Graduate of an accredited program in PA education.
– Master’s degree.
– Minimum 3 years clinical experience.
– Current NCCPA certification and licensure in good standing in the Commonwealth of Virginia. If not currently
licensed in Virginia must secure one within six (6) months of hire.
– Commitment to learner-centered education, innovative educational models, and readiness to participate in
interprofessional educational opportunities.
– Strong organizational, communication, decision-making, teamwork, interpersonal & leadership skills.
– Sensitivity to diversity and multi-cultural issues.
– Prior didactic teaching experience in a PA program.
– Prior experience as a clinical instructor or preceptor.
Send the following information to Search Committee Chair, c/o Ms. Debby Bibens at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu
– Letter of application;
– Curriculum vita;
– Names and contact information, including e-mail addresses of three references.