Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences, Mary Baldwin University, is seeking a full time faculty member for the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program for 2019.
Summary of Position:
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS) at Mary Baldwin University in Staunton, VA invites applications for a full-time, 12-month faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor. MDCHS is seeking a candidate with expertise in one or more of the following areas: Cardiovascular & Pulmonary content, Exercise Physiology, and Therapeutic Exercise. The candidate should be comfortable working in a highly interprofessional and collaborative teaching and learning environment.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D., D.Sc., or Ed.D.) or equivalent. Doctoral candidates are encouraged to apply if degree completion will occur prior to start of contract.
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical experience as a physical therapist and eligible for licensure in Virginia.
- Commitment to learner-centered education, innovative educational models, and readiness to participate in interprofessional education opportunities with Occupational Therapy and Physician Assistant Studies faculty and students.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior didactic teaching experience.
- Content expertise for teaching in one or more of the following areas: Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Content, Exercise Physiology, and/or Therapeutic Exercise.
- Certification through ABPTS is desirable, but not required.
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
Building upon MBU’s historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service, our professional programs emphasize superior education in a people-centered environment. Our state of the art health sciences branch campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County- the flagship building is home to high-tech classrooms, research spaces, extensive laboratories, and a simulation center.
Send the following information to Search Committee Chair, C/O Ms. Debby Bibens at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities;
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
Review of applications will begin August 20, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. Projected start date is either spring semester 2019 or summer semester 2019.