Mary Baldwin University (MBU), a private institution in Staunton, Virginia, with a 176-year history of quality educational programs, invites individuals with exceptional skills and experience to apply for the fulltime ranked position (12 months) of Founding Health Informatics Program Director at the University’s Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences. Located at a beautiful branch campus in Fishersville, Virginia, Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences builds upon MBU’s historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service, and offers professional health programs that emphasize superior education in an ever-changing healthcare environment. The College currently serves students in doctoral level PT and OT programs, masters level PA and MHA programs, and an online RN to BSN undergraduate program. The College is developing new programs and expanding current offerings.
The University’s Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is expanding to offer an undergraduate degree in Health Informatics. This program will complement MBU’s well-established professional programs. We invite individuals with exceptional skills and experience in health informatics teaching, practice, and administration to apply for this full-time 12-month non-tenure position (rank commensurate with experience).
Summary of the Position:
Health Informatics Program Director responsibilities include developing and overseeing the curriculum to include classes, class structure, and content that is current and appropriate as well as leading, meeting, and maintaining accreditation standards. The Program Director oversees all full-time and adjunct faculty teaching in the content area. He/she is involved in planning and policy development, working with the associate dean for academic affairs in establishing governance structures, program handbooks, etc. The Program Director, assures faculty teach in an innovative curriculum, supporting student recruitment, and engaging in scholarship and service.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Certified Professional in Health Informatics (CPHI)
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution in one of the following fields: Information and Communications, Health Informatics, Computer Science Engineering, Evaluation Sciences, Biomedical Informatics, Health Sciences Informatics, or Health Information Management. Candidate will be considered if doctoral degree is awarded by employment start date.
- 5+ years of experience in leading or managing education programs in a university-based health sciences college or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, technology, organization, time management, teamwork, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Prior teaching experience required, with experience in curriculum development
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences
Building upon MBU’s historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service, our professional programs emphasize superior education in a people-centered environment.
To apply: Send the following information to HI Search Committee Chair, c/o Debby Bibens at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
Letter of application
Names and contact information, including email addresses, of three references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.