Full Time: 12-month position with benefits
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support for the Vice President of Student Engagement, including maintenance of the VPSE calendar, assist with events, schedule rooms, process invoices, coordinate meetings, record and prepare minutes, and perform other administrative tasks as needed. The Executive Assistant to the VPSE will also serve as a member of the professional administrative support team of the division of Student Engagement focused on providing exceptional customer service to all institutional stakeholders.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President of Student Engagement
- Maintain the VPSE calendar
- Manage travel arrangements as requested by the VPSE
- Reception of visitors to the VPSE office
- Perform tasks that facilitate the overall operation of the Student Engagement Office including answering the phone, responding to emails, etc.
- Assist in planning and executing events
- Scheduling rooms
- Process invoices and reimbursements for payment
- Coordinate and schedule meetings
- Provide support for staff searches
- Assist with new hire onboarding
- Assist with office supply purchases and stocking
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s or any combination of education and experience that illustrates the knowledge and skills needed to fulfill position responsibilities.
- Previous experience in a professional office environment
- Professional presence with excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality regarding all matters
- Able to exercise tact and good judgment in all aspects of decision making and in dealing with students, faculty, and staff
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Detail oriented and flexible
- Candidates should have excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated cultural competence and experience working with diverse groups.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Dr. Ernest E. Jeffries, VP of Student Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.