OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS for MBU Online & Graduate Studies
FULL-TIME: 12 month position with benefits
Position Description: The Assistant Director of Admissions works under the general direction of the AVP of MBU Online and Graduate Studies and the Director of Admissions Operations and will be responsible for national (US) territory recruitment efforts. Recruitment efforts include all program populations through various events including but not limited to community colleges, Open Houses, Graduate Fairs and Business to Business opportunities. The successful candidate will possess strong computer and analytical skills, as well as have strong interpersonal skills and be a proponent of a University customer service admissions model. Primary Recruitment territory of: Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and Northern Maryland.
- Plan and hold information sessions for prospective students in MBU “traditional regional centers”, corporations, businesses, and community colleges.
- Organize and maintain consistent presence at VCCS designated community colleges in order to build name and brand awareness and provide clear pathways of transfer processes.
- Visit Community Colleges nationally on a regular schedule and build University relationships with community college counselors. Cultivate relationships with corporations, businesses, and Human Resource Departments, emphasizing those businesses that provide employee reimbursement for education at a national level and in alignment with the University recruitment plan.
- Manage initial replies to inquiries from web, emails, and phone calls. Enter prospect names into client relationship management system (CRM). Provide continued contact until an inquiry becomes an applicant.
- Communicate with prospective students with extensive phone calling and emailing and logging these contacts in the central database. Complete weekly log of activities and telephone contacts with “case” creation for all prospective student interactions.
- Manage and complete weekly “accepted” student replies and request to deposit process flow including “case” creation.
- Use office technology in alignment with process flow for “events” and recruitment of students.
- Attend designated faculty meetings, regional staff meetings, marketing meetings, and alumnae/i events.
- A must in this position is the ability to attend to detail, attain goals, and be organized and multi-task while also quickly ascertaining what the immediate priority is. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and experience required such as sales and customer service; previous experience in Adult education preferred, but not required. Applicants must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; effective time management and organizational skills, valid driver’s license, and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty and administrators. The position requires an individual who has a high level of energy, enthusiasm, professionalism, and commitment to teamwork. Travel and evening/weekend work is required throughout the calendar year.
To Apply: Please provide resume and cover letter of interest in care of Ashley Buchanan, Director of Operations, Mary Baldwin University at firstname.lastname@example.org.