When someone says “I think technology doesn’t like me,” and you think “I could help you with that,” you might be the person for this job.
A Technology Support Specialist at Mary Baldwin University works with the IT team to provide assistance for MBU faculty, staff, students, and guests with University-owned hardware, software, and technology services; schedules and manages upgrades, resolves hardware and software issues; installs and maintains desktop and laptop software and printers; provides walk-in and telephone support, including limited off-hours support, and loaned equipment checkout and support management. Support Specialists also supervise, train, and mentor student employees.
The successful candidate:
- Analyzes information to develop alternative solutions involving complex problems. Interprets guidelines to make decisions, makes recommendations for decisions outside of guidelines.
- Leads in the development of proposals and plans. Participates in the planning of resource requirements. Executes and maintains plans.
- Interprets and implements policies/procedures to achieve business results. Makes recommendations for the development of new procedures.
- Develops time estimates for assigned tasks, reports progress against plan.
- Provides guidance to others, may lead small project teams, and provide quality assurance support.
- Has frequent contact across the organization and with outside customers. Represents the organization in providing solutions to complex issues associated with specific projects.
- Leads hardware and software repairs and upgrades, creating new systems, analyzing, testing and assessing software and/or other technical changes to meet operational requirements.
- Troubleshoots technical issues and escalates complex problems to appropriate support teams for resolutions, including analysis of trends for escalation.
- Performs repairs and replacements of software and hardware peripherals.
- Provides job training to new hires as needed.
- Plans and executes allotted work within deadlines and maintain records of daily tasks.
- Oversees inventory management of software and hardware components.
- Maintains accurate documentation for system installations, configurations, and upgrades, including self-help documents for customers.
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
- Possesses a minimum of 5 years’ experience with demonstrated ability
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, self-organize and self-start
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to positively contribute in a team environment
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a demonstrated desire to learn and grow.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume’ to IT-Apply@marybaldwin.edu