Mary Baldwin University is currently seeking candidates for the position of Director of Admissions to join our team at Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Vice President of Health Sciences. The position will coordinate and perform all admissions processes and tasks for MDCHS in-seat programs from initial inquiry through matriculation and will manage the yield process to ensure recruitment objectives are met. As the first point of contact for all inquiries, the successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills including public speaking, exemplary customer-service skills, and a confident professional presence.
The Director of Admissions will create and implement strategies to successfully meet established goals for new student enrollment and will maintain quality standards and best practices for admissions in collaboration with Program Directors. Responsibilities include maintaining consistent follow up during all stages of the admissions process for in-seat programs, tracking and collecting application and matriculation documents, and storing/distributing all documents according to approved processes. The Director of Admissions will design, update, and maintain admissions databases. Occasional travel and weekend events are possible.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field. Master’s preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in college admissions.
- A working knowledge of graduate degree programs, preferably in health-related fields.
- Strong leadership, management, and recruitment skills.
- A solid working knowledge of relational databases and client relationship management (CRM) systems and the ability to troubleshoot basic IT issues as related to these systems
- The ability to implement ideas to achieve desired outcomes.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- The ability to lift up to 40 pounds and a valid driver’s license.
- Experience with CAS database.
- Graduate student recruitment and admissions.
- Experience using effective enrollment marketing practices to attract students.
- Effective data analytical skills.
This full-time, 40-hour work week position will be based at the branch campus of Mary Baldwin University, Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences in Fishersville, VA, a smoke free, and tobacco-free campus. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references (including phone number and email address of each reference) to HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu. Applications will only be accepted online.