Department: Facilities & Capital Planning
Reports to: Director, Maintenance and Operations
Works in conjunction with the Director and other management to oversee, direct, and provide technical expertise for building operations services to include maintenance, engineering and other services for the campus and perimeter properties. Provides engineering and technical support for all major mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and utilities systems in support of operations and maintenance, capital and infrastructure planning.
- Oversees operation of all maintenance operations as performed by teams and special teams. Responsible for staffing and management of personnel included in these teams and for scheduling of all operations.
- Participates with other members of management team in planning and design of new projects, renovation projects, etc.
- Serves as primary liaison with all major customers for maintenance related issues. Performs inspections, and coordinates with Housekeeping and Grounds to meet expectations and timelines of the customer.
- Works in conjunction with other Supervisors to insure coordination with other operations such as infrastructure design and construction, energy management systems, building automation systems, renovation projects, etc.
- Works in conjunction with Director to prepare, monitor, and supervise control of budgets for all units under this responsibility. Included are monthly projections required by the Director.
- Ensures that outside contractors utilized by maintenance teams are properly selected, verified and supervised.
- Oversees other special projects as directed by management.
- Is considered an essential employee as designated in the Facilities Management Severe Weather Policy.
- Is subject to recall after hours in the event of campus emergencies, disasters or other special needs as directed by management.
- Reports all matters of safety to appropriate Director/Supervisor if necessary.
- Follows all University and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required by management.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- BS/BA degree plus 3-5 years’ experience in the supervision of maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have working knowledge of building systems and generally accepted maintenance, construction, flooring and roofing practices related to such facilities.
- Ability to supervise and direct maintenance and engineering personnel in daily functions.
- Ability to practice effective communication skills orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to research and analyze problems within University owned facilities.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience in higher education.
- Supervises staff including scheduling and assignment of work, reviewing performance, recommending salary actions, promotions or discharges.
- Solves problems associated with University facilities. Monitors University facilities and their building systems for proper operation and provides recommendations for problem correction or preventive actions.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume’ to Keith Callahan, AVP Facilities and Capital Planning at email@example.com.
Mary Baldwin University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.