- The Access Services Coordinator manages a diverse and high-performing student employee community through scheduling, training, and supervision.
- This position oversees primary circulation operations, and s/he and the student team provide front line service for information requests.
- This position works closely with other library and University departments to ensure a holistic and successful campus employment experience.
- This position collaborates with the Outreach Librarian to communicate library services and policies to the University community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Foster student development and success through an engaging work study program, including implementation of SEAHIP (Student Employment as a High Impact Practice).
- Hire, train, and retain a dynamic student staff (28-33 students) that embodies the mission and customer service ethos of the library.
- Work with other library staff to facilitate access to the print collection, including coordinating a regular inventory.
- Monitor and troubleshoot patron computing and printing, and resolve problems for users, and assist in ensuring the safety and security of people and materials.
- Manage billing and invoicing for access services.
- Help design and manage special projects as developed in conjunction with the University Librarian.
- Serve as library liaison with Financial Aid and Student Campus Employment. Verify and complete monthly student employee payroll records.
- Continue to develop professionally through active participation in professional associations and through other intradepartmental activities. Serve on University committees as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a preferred one year’s supervisory experience.
- Computing skills, including familiarity across operating systems and fluency with office applications as well as comfort troubleshooting both familiar and new technology.
- Ability to interpret and explain a wide variety of policies and procedures, varying from basic to complex, to the public, and to exercise independent judgement.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively.
Job type: This is a full-time, staff position.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Carol Creager, University Librarian, at email@example.com.