Mary Baldwin University (MBU), a private institution in Staunton, VA, with a 177 year history of quality educational programs, invites individuals with exceptional skills and experience in PA education and /or practice to apply for this position and join a vibrant and innovative team of PA, OT, PT, MHA and Nursing faculty. The Physician Assistant Program welcomed its charter class of students in January 2016. It is a part of Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS), located at the MBU branch campus in Fishersville, VA in the medical corridor of Augusta County. It currently serves over 300 students in a state of the art facility completed in 2014.
This position is a 0.5FTE, 12 month, non-benefits appointment. Responsibilities include instruction, academic advising, program evaluation, and clinical site development, service to the university and community and development of a scholarly agenda consistent with teaching responsibilities. This position is a direct report to the PA Program Director. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Successful candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited program in PA education.
- Master’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience.
- Current NCCPA certification and licensure in good standing in the Commonwealth of Virginia. If not currently licensed in Virginia must secure one within six (6) months of hire.
- Commitment to learner-centered education, innovative educational models, and readiness to participate in interprofessional educational opportunities.
- Strong organizational, communication, decision-making, teamwork, interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Sensitivity to diversity and multi-cultural issues.
- Prior didactic teaching experience in a PA program.
- Prior experience as a clinical instructor or preceptor.
Send the following information to Search Committee Chair, c/o Ms. Debby Bibens at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application;
- Curriculum vita;
- Names and contact information, including e-mail addresses of three references.