Mary Baldwin University in Staunton, VA has an open faculty position in the Health Sciences department. The position is full-time, non-tenure track, 12-month faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor.
Responsibilities include teaching Human Anatomy and Physiology, Introduction of Health Professions, and Research Methods at the undergraduate level, as well as advising Health Sciences majors and senior research projects.
In addition, this position will also work with students in graduate health sciences programs (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physician Assistant) at the University’s Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences providing lab support for the graduate human anatomy and neuroanatomy courses.
Scholarship and participation in university, community, and professional service is required.
- Experience teaching human anatomy at the collegiate level required.
- Experience in dissection of human cadavers required.
- Master of Science in Biology or other related field required. Doctorate preferred.
- Credentials and clinical experience as a health care professional is desired, but not required.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in using various educational technologies for course delivery preferred.
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
Building upon MBU’s historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service, our professional programs emphasize superior education in a people-centered environment. Our state-of-the art health sciences branch campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County- the flagship building is home to high-tech classrooms, research spaces, extensive laboratories, and a simulation center. The Anatomy teaching laboratory, part of a state-of-the-art health sciences facility that opened in June 2014, has excellent resources for dissection, demonstration, and electronic learning.
Send the following information to Search Committee Chair, C/O Ms. Debby Bibens at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
- For full consideration complete applications should be received by October 31st. Projected start date is June 2020.