The School of Nursing at Mary Baldwin University (MBU) invites doctoral prepared Nurse Practitioner candidates to apply for the full-time ranked position (12 months) of Founding Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program Director. MBU, a private institution in Staunton, Virginia, has a 177-year history of quality educational programs. The position is located at the beautiful Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS) branch campus in Fishersville, Virginia. MDCHS builds upon MBU’s historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service, and offers professional health programs that emphasize superior education in an ever-changing healthcare environment. The College currently serves students in doctoral level PT and OT programs, masters level PA and online MHA and MSN programs, and an online RN to BSN program and other undergraduate health degrees. The College is developing new programs and expanding current offerings.
The College’s School of Nursing is expanding to offer a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree. This program will complement MBU’s well-established professional programs. We seek individuals with exceptional skills and experience in nursing education, practice, and administration to apply for this full-time 12-month non-tenure position (rank commensurate with experience).
Summary of the Position:
DNP Program Director responsibilities include developing and overseeing the curriculum to include classes, class structure, and content that is current and appropriate as well as leading, meeting, and maintaining accreditation standards. The Program Director oversees all full-time and adjunct faculty teaching in the program and engages in scholarship and service. He/she is responsible for the day to day operation of the program and working with the Director of the School of Nursing to develop a program budget and maintain program expenses within the final approved budget. The Program Director is actively engaged in student recruitment, admission and progression, and leads evaluation of the program and student outcomes.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Earned Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree with national board certification as a Nurse Practitioner with a specialty in Family Practice and/or Adult/Geriatric Acute Care with at least 5 years of clinical practice.
- Possess a demonstrated record of excellence in academic leadership and teaching. Online teaching experience including use of learning technologies and program administrative experience is preferred.
- Excellence in teaching, pedagogical inquiry, and educational innovation demonstrated through a strong teaching dossier, including a statement of teaching philosophy, course evaluations, and a record of previous teaching accomplishments and innovations.
- Possess exceptional leadership skills, including an ability to work effectively within a team that is comprised of multiple stakeholders such as faculty, senior administration, staff and students.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support and mentorship as an advocate for change and new ideas.
- Possess a willingness to engage with the Institution and the faculty as a whole to share knowledge and expertise in their subject area.
- Demonstrated expertise in various Learning Management Systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple OIS products.
To apply, send the following information to DNP Search Committee Chair, c/o Debby Bibens at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information, including e-mail addresses of three references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.