Mary Baldwin University (MBU) seeks a head coach for its NCAA Division III Women’s Volleyball Program. The head coach reports directly to the Director of Athletics.
Located in Staunton, Virginia, Mary Baldwin recently grew from college to university status reflecting its growing range of bachelor’s, master level, and doctoral programs. MBU is a very diverse entrepreneurial institution with a record of innovation aspiring to meet the evolving higher education needs of society.
The successful candidate will oversee all facets of MBU’s NCAA Division III women’s volleyball program, including:
- Utilizing well-developed professional and interpersonal communication skills, work closely with many campus constituencies, including the athletic department staff.
- Recruit highly-motivated student-athletes to compete in the program.
- Develop and implement practice and competition schedules that challenge the student-athletes
- Contribute to a diversified and inclusive campus that features equity through Title IX compliance
- Monitor and promote academic and athletic success and excellence
- Endorse and support in all aspects of the program MBU, NCAA Division III and USA South Athletic Conference rules and policies
- Develop budget, schedules and travel plans, etc., within the University mission standards that provide for a quality student-athlete experience to enhance student retention for the institution
- Encourage student-athletes to fully develop as well-rounded members of the campus community that will grow into leadership roles upon graduation
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Collegiate volleyball playing and/or coaching experience. Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA Division III rules. Valid driver’s license and ability to establish driver eligibility under the University’s Driving and Motor Vehicle Policy. The successful candidate must pass all required background and reference checks.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree. Head coaching and recruiting experience in collegiate volleyball. Previous history of relationship-building and cultivation of former student-athletes and other program stakeholders.
Interested candidates must apply by sending cover letter, resume, references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone call inquiries will be considered. Review of applications will begin Dec. 3, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.