Mary Baldwin University (MBU), a private institution in Staunton, Virginia, has a long history of over 175 years providing quality educational programs. The University’s entry-level Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) program, part of the Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences, is fully-accredited. Our dynamic faculty teaches within a unique interprofessional curriculum. We invite individuals with exceptional skills and experience in occupational therapy teaching and practice to apply for the position of OT Core Faculty and Capstone Coordinator. This is a full-time 12-month non-tenure position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor.
Summary of the Position
Faculty responsibilities include teaching, scholarship, and service, as well as coordinating the doctoral capstone portion of the curriculum. The curriculum embeds themes of interprofessional practice and teaching and learning with a strong foundation in occupation.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution. Candidate will be considered if doctoral degree is awarded by employment start date.
- Licensed or eligible for OT license in the Commonwealth of Virginia, current NBCOT certification
- A minimum of 5 years clinical experience as an occupational therapist
- Strong communication, teamwork, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Prior teaching experience preferred
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences
Building upon MBU’s historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service, our professional programs emphasize superior education in a people-centered environment. Our state of the art health sciences branch campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County- the flagship building is home to high-tech classrooms, research spaces, extensive laboratories, and a simulation center.
Send the following information to OTD Search Committee Chair, c/o Ms. Lauren Fernandez at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu
- Letter of Application
- Names and contact information including e-mail addresses for three references
To assure earliest consideration please submit materials by Monday, October 19, 2020. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Projected start date is January 2021 (negotiable).