Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is dedicated to the education of tomorrow’s healthcare professionals who can navigate our complex healthcare system with professionalism and compassion. We are looking for an exemplary leader who embodies our ideals of inclusivity and who encourages, supports, and celebrates this passion with our students, faculty, and staff. We invite doctoral prepared candidates who share our passion for inclusive education to apply for the full-time ranked position of Founding Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP) Program Director. The position is located at MBU’s branch campus Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences in Fishersville, VA. MDCHS offers several graduate and undergraduate health programs, and is developing new programs and expanding current offerings.
The College’s School of Nursing is expanding to offer a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree to complement MBU’s established professional programs. We seek individuals with exceptional skill and experience in nursing education, practice, and administration to apply for this full-time 12-month non-tenure position (rank commensurate with experience).
Summary of the Position:
The AG-ACNP Program Director will develop and oversee the curriculum to include classes, class structure, and content that is current and appropriate, as well as lead, meet, and maintain accreditation standards. The Program Director oversees all full-time and adjunct faculty teaching in the program and engages in scholarship and service. He/she is responsible for the daily operation of the program and works with the Director of the School of Nursing to develop a program budget and maintain program expenses. The Program Director is actively engaged in student recruitment, admissions and progression, and leads evaluation of the program and student outcomes.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Earned doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, DNP) with national board certification as a nurse practitioner with a specialty in adult-gerontology acute care.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in academic leadership and teaching. Online teaching experience including use of learning technologies and program administrative experience is preferred.
- Excellence in teaching pedagogical inquiry, and educational innovation demonstrated through a strong teaching dossier, including a statement of teaching philosophy, course evaluations, and a record of previous teaching accomplishments and innovations.
- Exceptional leadership skills, including an ability to work effectively within a team that is comprised of multiple stakeholders such as faculty, senior administration, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support and mentorship as an advocate for change and new ideas.
- Willingness to engage with the Institution and the faculty as a whole to share knowledge and expertise in their subject area.
- Demonstrated expertise in various Learning Management Systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple OIS products.
To apply, send the following to the AG-ACNP Search Committee Chair, c/o Ms. Lauren Fernandez, at email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line.
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information of three references, including email addresses
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.