Mary Baldwin University seeks an engaged and motivated Associate Director of Financial Aid to join the Office of Financial Aid. Under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid, the Associate Director of Financial Aid will be primarily responsible for serving the veteran population at Mary Baldwin as the School Certifying Official; review and completion of institutional, state, and federal reporting; as well as supporting all financial aid office functions including financial aid awarding, student support, and compliance. The Associate Director of Financial Aid will embody the Mary Baldwin mission of empowering tomorrow’s leaders to pursue lives of purpose in a changing world. This is a full-time position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the School Certifying Official for the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Certify enrollment status of veterans and update the State Approving Agency (SAA) as required
- Maintain veteran records in accordance with VA and SAA requirements
- Collaborate with campus partners regarding veterans affairs
- Work collegially with advising and academic support staff regarding courses, degree plans, academic progress, etc. and their impact on veterans benefits
- Primary contact for veteran students and their families
- Adjust financial aid to reflect veterans benefits
- Award and administer institutional, state, and federal financial aid
- Provide support for institutional, state, and federal reporting
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Advise students and families on financial aid processes
- Review and award institutional, state, and federal financial aid
- Collect and track financial aid documents
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and experience in a financial aid setting required. 3-5 years financial aid and veterans experience preferred. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task. Attention to detail. Some weekend and evening hours will be required. Ability to work in a team setting and collaborate with other offices. Thorough understanding of state and federal financial aid programs and regulations. Experience with financial aid software and integration with other systems.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to Megan Speth, Director of Financial Aid, at firstname.lastname@example.org.