Mary Baldwin University is currently seeking candidates for the position of Human Resources Generalist. The successful candidate will assist the Director of Human Resources in the daily administration of human resources policies, with an emphasis on benefits administration. Duties will include:
- Conduct new hire orientation sessions, including new hire paperwork (I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, tax forms, benefits enrollment, handbook, etc.)
- Handle employee benefits administration:
- Assist employees with online benefits enrollment process
- Assist with open enrollment and communicate with employees regarding benefit information and changes
- Process monthly insurance invoices and payment reconciliation
- Process contribution remittances to TIAA for retirement and to HSA vendor for Health Savings Account.
- Process termination of benefits for exiting employees
- Manage Worker’s Compensation claims process and OSHA reporting and annual Worker’s Comp audit
- Manage FMLA and other leave processes and compliance with regulations
- Maintain the Human Resources website, including job postings and updating HR documents and benefit information
- Perform quarterly and annual audits to ensure FLSA and ACA compliance
- Utilize various systems to prepare HR and payroll reports as needed for required surveys and prepare ad hoc reports as needed
- Assist Director of Human Resources and Payroll Administrator with other assigned tasks and projects
Associate’s Degree and at least three (3) years of human resources/benefits experience, with an emphasis in employee benefits. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, or applicable experience in lieu of a degree. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with federal and state laws relating to employment and employee benefits, including ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ACA, HIPAA, and DOL and IRS regulations. Experience in a higher education setting a plus. The position requires exemplary communication and organizational skills, both written and oral, as well as strong HR Information System knowledge. The successful candidate must have a strong team-oriented work ethic, the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment and demonstrated proficiencies in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and database applications and reporting tools.
To Apply: Submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to HRApply@marybaldwin.edu.