The Assistant Director of Admissions at Mary Baldwin University’s Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS) will coordinate and perform admissions processes and tasks for MDCHS’ in-seat, online and hybrid programs. Tasks will include data and document processing, record management, quality assurance, data integrity, process improvement and implementation, and timely, consistent follow up of applicants. Collaborating with a high-functioning professional team on numerous projects, MDCHS’ Assistant Director of Admissions uses various application systems and databases to accomplish goals and objectives, and adheres to applicable processes, practices, and guidelines in order to serve leads, prospective students, applicants, matriculated students, and colleagues effectively, accurately, and efficiently. The Assistant Director of Admissions will maintain quality standards and admissions best practices in collaboration with the Director of Admissions and Program Directors to meet admissions goals.
Communication & Engagement
- Support the applicant journey from lead to matriculated student via Customer Relationship Management (CRM), application and student systems. Ability to assist applicants to encourage conversion. Offer pre-admission advising, including review of transcripts, and in coordination with program directors, as necessary.
- Maintain regular communication with leads, inquiries, and applicants via electronic and high-touch engagement strategies. Including, but not limited to: monitoring of departmental email account; monitoring of strategic drip marketing campaigns; oversight of the inquiry call strategy; oversight of or assistance with online info sessions, virtual fairs, open houses, etc.
- Oversight of application systems and ensuring applicant readiness to submit; process completed applications for review by readers and/or committee; preparation and execution of interview days; process admission decisions; collect post-admission documents; provide support for collation of accreditation requirements across student and University systems and departments, etc.
System & Data Oversight
- Including, but not limited to: open and close of application cycles; admission audits; CRM operations; ensure lead, inquiry and applicant data is accurate, secure and shared with School and University departments appropriately; enrollment funnel and dashboard reporting, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of programs and admission processes across the MDCHS portfolio to best assist our audience or refer them appropriately. This includes but is not limited to: assistance with the departmental email account and phone lines, and the ability to cross train and offer backup across Admissions personnel.
- Other duties as needed, particularly as they relate to the Office of Admissions and the mission of MDCHS.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Undergraduate degree and/or at least 5 years of progressive experience in higher education admissions, student services, or communication/engagement roles.
- Understanding of the applicant journey, ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal customer service and communication skills. Willingness to engage with prospects, inquiries and applicants via channels and modes that are convenient for them. Ability to interact with our audience in a personalized way while staying “on brand”. Proficient in Microsoft, Google Suite, online meeting platforms, and the ability to operate a multi-line phone system.
- Experience with CRMs, Data and system management, application management systems, understanding of accreditation standards, content management systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines. Database experience as well as being comfortable with data collection, entry and assessment. Effectively use software tools to organize accurate data for reports and/or presentations. Ability to create, implement and manage overlapping business process schedules across the Admissions department.
- Accountable for results; ability to multitask, think quickly, and manage competing priorities; maintain applicant confidentiality, per federal regulations (FERPA, HIPAA); foster a team approach which is evidenced by information sharing, offering suggestions for improvements and collegiality.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and have a valid driver’s license.
- A working knowledge of graduate degree programs, preferably in health-related fields
- WordPress, HTML, Social Media, Adobe Suite, experience operating live chat systems and/or chatbots.
- OnBase; Salesforce; Centralized Application Systems (CAS and University applications); Jenzabar; TargetX
- Project management and process improvement experience.
This is a full time, benefits-eligible position. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, a resume, and three professional references to HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.