We are seeking a skilled and experienced webmaster to join our Information Technology team. The Webmaster will be responsible for maintaining servers and ensuring that Mary Baldwin websites are functional, user-friendly, visually pleasing, and up to date. To be successful, the webmaster must display a meticulous attention to detail, an ability to problem solve and think critically, great team building and interaction with peers within the IT department, and a solid experience with concepts such as search engine optimization, proxy and firewall configuration, and pay per click and demand side platforms. Top candidates will be comfortable troubleshooting the website(s) and constantly improve the User Experience (UX) of the website(s).
The Webmaster is a member of the Office of Information Technology (OIT) who reports to the Managing Director of Information Technology and frequently interfaces with the Communications & Marketing department.
- Create appropriate website content aligned to the organization’s strategy.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the organization’s website.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues.
- Build and test aesthetic, functional and user-friendly websites.
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
- Consistently work to improve user experience.
- Coordinate with designers, content providers, and management or business owners.
- Work with other departments to grow subscriber base and web traffic.
- Ensure full compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Regularly monitor competitor websites to develop best practice guidelines.
- 3+ years’ experience with web development and content management systems.
- Proficient with HTML, XHTML, CSS, or Java.
- Successful completion of complex projects.
- Successful experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills (both oral and written), and organizational skills.
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a close team.
- Fantastic time management skills with the ability to work independently and multi-task.
Interested candidates should apply by sending their resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org