Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences, Mary Baldwin University, is seeking one full time faculty member for the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program for 2021-2022 academic year.
Summary of Position:
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS) at Mary Baldwin University in Staunton, VA invites applications for a full-time, 12-month faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor. MDCHS is seeking a candidate with expertise in Neurologic Rehabilitation. The candidate should be comfortable working in a highly interprofessional and collaborative teaching and learning environment.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D., D.Sc., or Ed.D.) preferred, but DPT with expertise in one or more of the content areas noted above will be considered. Doctoral candidates (Ph.D., D. Sc., or Ed.D) are encouraged to apply if degree is in final dissertation phase and could be completed soon after beginning the position if hired.
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical experience as a physical therapist and eligible for licensure in Virginia.
- Commitment to learner-centered education, innovative educational models, and readiness to participate in interprofessional education opportunities with Occupational Therapy and Physician Assistant Studies faculty and students.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior didactic teaching experience.
- Content expertise for teaching in Neurologic Rehabilitation and one or more of the following areas: Integument, Healthcare Policy, Health Promotion and Wellness, Administration and Organization of Physical Therapy Practice.
- Certification through ABPTS is desirable, but not required.
- A plan for research that integrates students.
Emphasis on Diversity: Mary Baldwin University seeks and encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in higher education and with academic experience with diverse student bodies. Above all, we seek candidates eager to embrace and empower an ethic of equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
Building upon MBU’s historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service, our professional programs emphasize superior education in a people-centered environment. Our state-of-the-art health sciences branch campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County, VA located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. The flagship building which opened in 2014 is home to high-tech classrooms, research spaces, extensive laboratories, and a simulation center.
Send the following information to Search Committee Chair, at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities;
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
Review of applications will begin in April and continue until the position is filled. Projected start date is negotiable, but no later than January 2022.
Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.