Mary Baldwin University in Staunton, VA, is offering two full-time, renewable, non-tenure-track, 9-month faculty positions at the rank of assistant professor working with a very diverse undergraduate/graduate student body. The College of Business & Professional Studies is home to the business, criminal justice, marketing and communication, and social work departments with a single-minded focus on environmental and social justice. Courses are taught in residential, hybrid, and online modalities in our undergraduate and graduate business programs.
The business department is searching for:
- Assistant Professor of Accounting & Finance
- Assistant professor of Social Media & Social Marketing
Primary responsibilities include teaching seven courses per year (three courses per semester plus the university’s May Term), academic advising of students, service to the university to support shared governance, and maintenance of an active scholarly agenda in ones disciplinary area.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution related to the teaching discipline preferred (ABD will be considered)
- Demonstration of healthy communication, teamwork, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Prior teaching experience preferred, with innovative online teaching background preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse student population
- Demonstrated interest in integrating sustainability into the business curriculum
- Active research agenda in the areas of specialty that is grounded in equity, inclusion, and/or social justice
Application Documents: To apply, send the following information to Jennifer Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy that articulates one’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in both face to face and online teaching environments
- Names and contact information, including email addresses for three references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The projected start date is Fall 2021.
Emphasis on Diversity: Mary Baldwin University is an intentionally diverse educational community with a vibrant population of over 1900 undergraduate and graduate students in its residential and online programs. More than fifty percent of MBU’s residential undergraduates are students of color, and the University aspires to develop a faculty, staff, and curriculum that reflect its demographic. The University places a high priority on the cultivation of a community where all students are both seen and heard. We seek and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education and academic experience with diverse student bodies. Above all, Mary Baldwin seeks candidates eager to embrace and empower an ethic of equity, diversity, and inclusivity.