Mary Baldwin University, a private institution in Staunton, Virginia, with a 177 year history of quality educational programs. The Higher Education program is situated within the College of Education at MBU. The program is an online graduate program. The higher education program is seeking a 10 month, full-time, renewable, non-tenure-track, faculty position at the rank of assistant professor working with a very diverse undergraduate/graduate student body.The candidate must have a substantive knowledge base in their area (s) of expertise, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and a commitment to lifelong learning. In addition, candidates must be able to deliver instruction using synchronous and asynchronous pedagogical approaches.
- Experience teaching at the graduate level and employing best practices for graduate online learning
- Teaching a faculty load that is inclusive of 6 courses over fall, spring and summer (graduate/undergraduate).
- Administrative responsibilities to support recruitment, program development, and student retention higher education program
- Participate on University and College of Education Committees
- Advise and engage in mentoring of students
- Advise higher education students and serve as thesis project chair
- Scholarship and participation in university, community, and professional service
- Preferred candidates will possess a doctorate (Ed.D. or Ph.D.) in the field of higher education, educational leadership in higher education, higher education administration, or other appropriate discipline.(ABD will be considered)
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to inclusive learner-centered education, innovative digital educational models, and readiness to participate in inter-professional education opportunities with the Mary Baldwin University Faculty and Students
- Demonstrated evidence of engagement in teaching, research, and service that contributes to building and sustaining equitable, diverse, and inclusive communities.
- Ability to exercise leadership in planning, developing, implementing, evaluating, and customizing educational experiences.
Emphasis on Diversity and Inclusivity:
The College of Education is rooted in a tradition of innovation and has a compelling vision as a part of Mary Baldwin University (MBU). Building upon its historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service, MBU has established new graduate and undergraduate professional programs that emphasize superior education in a people-centered environment. Mary Baldwin’s goal is to prepare educators and those working in higher education with a focus on meeting the needs of the communities it serves. We are an intentionally diverse education community, with a vibrant population of over 1900 undergraduate and graduate students in residential and online programs. Over fifty percent of our residential undergraduates are students of color, or are part of the sexual and gender minority community, or other marginalized populations. The University places a high priority on the cultivation of an educational community in which all students are both seen and heard. We seek and encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Also encouraged to apply are those with academic experience engaging diverse student bodies in learning. Mary Baldwin seeks candidates eager to embrace and empower an ethic of equity, diversity and inclusivity.
To apply, send the following information to HIED MBU search email@example.com
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, teaching philosophy, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion across the university;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Names and contact information for three references (include email addresses and current phone numbers);
- Unofficial transcripts (if offered, official transcripts will be required)
The projected start date is Fall 2021. Review of applications will be ongoing and continue until the position is filled.