The Admissions Counselor works under the general directive of the Director of Admissions and will manage his/her recruitment territory for Mary Baldwin University. The Admissions Counselor will be responsible for the successful recruitment and enrollment of prospective students within their territory, including, but not limited to: prospective student communication, attendance at college fairs, high school visits and on and off campus recruiting events. The Admissions Counselor will also be responsible for general office duties as assigned.
- Territory communication management including emails, phone calling, birthday cards, personal notes
- College fair attendance
- Set up and attendance for high school visits
- Preparation and attendance for both on-campus and off-campus recruiting events
- Collect and review application materials for the University
- Collaborate with other offices on campus to ensure successful transition of enrolled students
- Create and maintain relationships with parents, students and guidance counselors
- Participate in yield strategy
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Some weekend and evening hours will be required as is a valid Virginia driver’s license since travel is a part of this position. Experience with Jenzabar software is desirable.
This is a full-time, 12-month position with benefits.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Kirstin Lazri, Director of Recruitment, at firstname.lastname@example.org.