We’ve got stories… and need a strong writer to bring them to life and grow the #MBUfamily. The Office of Integrated Communications at Mary Baldwin University is growing, and we’re looking for a savvy copywriter to join our team. If you embrace the opportunity to stretch your abilities and remain nimble in the face of deadlines, dream of challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment and crave a supportive team… we need to talk.
You love telling stories as much as we love creating them. Audiences are your thing and engaging them is your passion. Long-form narratives, direct response email campaigns, or 50-character search ads — you can do them all. You understand the power of words and how stories help stakeholders and the community at large understand the value your organization brings to the world.
The copywriter reports to the Director of Creative Strategy but works closely with others on the Marketing and Campus News teams within the Office of Integrated Communications.
We’re looking for a copywriter with experience in:
- Direct response email copywriting
- Developing editorial and marketing content for the web and print
- The nuances of social media writing, press releases and feature copy
- Interpreting creative concepts and adapting supplemental copy
- Working in a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment with multiple deadlines
- Telling a brand story across multiple platforms
- Engaging a variety of internal stakeholders and external audiences
- Conducting research to formulate ideas or support writing
- Understanding of importance and strategies in writing for university goals
- Working in a collaborative team environment
- 7+ years proven experience in multi-platform, multi-channel marketing
- Passionate about the content development process to solve business challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, or related field
- Understanding of marketing cycles and stakeholder engagement
- Well-versed in message development and communicating stories through prose – both long-and-short form
- Related experience in higher education writing a plus
Mary Baldwin University is an intentionally diverse educational community, with a population of over 1900 undergraduate and graduate students in its residential and online programs. More than fifty percent of MBU’s residential undergraduates are students of color and the University aspires to develop a faculty, staff, and curriculum that reflect its demographic. The University places a high priority on the cultivation of a community in which all students are both seen and heard. We seek and encourage applications from members of groups underrepresented in higher education and with academic experience with diverse student bodies. Above all, Mary Baldwin seeks candidates eager to embrace and empower an ethic of equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Submit cover letter, resume, writing samples, and references to Hillary Davis, Director of Creative Strategy, at firstname.lastname@example.org