The ideal candidate is flexible, resilient and thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment focused on problem-solving and building positive relationships with clients. Candidate has demonstrated ability to manage technicians and train them to be resourceful, efficient and successful in resolving client issues.
The Manager of Operations manages the MBU Help Desk staff and client-facing processes of the Office of Information Technology and provides operational support for campus processes. This position reports to the CIO/Managing Director of Information Technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing client support including Help Desk
- Mentoring and training of help desk professional staff and student workforce
- Management of PC hardware and peripherals, including purchasing and inventory
- Joint management of the following enterprise tools, together with network & server team: SharePoint, Office365, Google Apps, Voice Over IP telecommunications system
- Troubleshooting and support for client-facing operations such as fleet printing, point of sale systems, dining kiosks, and wireless connectivity
- 4+ Years’ experience with Information Technology Operations
- Essential: experience managing a team a must
- Highly desirable: experience managing small projects
- Essential: Experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting problems related to PC hardware and common enterprise software including Office365, SharePoint, Google apps
- Highly desirable: familiarity and experience with KACE, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Azure, Active Directory
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sets the highest standard of professionalism and customer support
- Well organized, resourceful, and efficient
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
- Ability to work collaboratively in a responsible and proactive fashion
- Able to reprioritize to meet the immediate needs of the campus
Interested candidates should apply by sending their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.