Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS), Mary Baldwin University, located in Fishersville, VA is seeking to fill a full time, benefits eligible position as the Administrative Assistant for the School of Nursing. This position will provide support for the Director of the School of Nursing, as well as the Program Directors for all programs in the School.
Summary of Position:
- Assists with admissions and enrollment processes.
- Assists with organizing, compiling necessary statistics and data, and contacting participants for program committees.
- Assists Program Directors with preparation for program accreditation.
- Assists with compiling necessary data/information for accreditation and regulatory agency reports.
- Prepares orientation material for beginning students.
- Compiles and maintains program handbooks.
- Compiles and maintains database for student traineeships utilizing Typhon.
- Maintains current student files for PALS, ACLS, RN licensure, and health immunizations and reports as required by each clinical site.
- Prepares documents for student memberships in professional organizations.
- Prepares program application documents for professional examinations.
- Assists program faculty with preparation of professional presentations, publications, grant documents, and articles.
- Maintains files, organizes information, and compiles data as required by the University, College and accreditation agencies.
- Takes meeting minutes and finalizes a written draft for review.
- Oversees the ordering of instructional and simulation lab supplies.
- Assist with planning of program-related activities and events as appropriate and directed.
- Associate’s degree in a related field or two years of college equivalent
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with medical terminology and documentation and established internal and external regulatory guidelines to include HIPAA
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Self-motivator able to multi-task, prioritize duties and meet deadlines, and maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or related field
- Strong background in data analytics and research
- Excellent written communication skills
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
Mary Baldwin University has an historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service. Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is made up of professional programs including Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Master of Science in Physician Assistant, Master of Health Administration, RN-BSN completion, and several Doctor of Nursing Practice tracks. MDCHS emphasizes superior education in a people-centered environment. Our state-of-the-art health sciences campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County and is the flagship building with high-tech classrooms, research spaces, extensive laboratories, and a simulation center. MDCHS has a strong commitment to interprofessional education across the programs.
Emphasis on Diversity: Mary Baldwin University seeks and encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in higher education and with academic experience with diverse student bodies. Above all, we seek candidates eager to embrace and empower an ethic of equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Interested candidates should send the following information to HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
Timeline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.