Mary Baldwin University, a distinctive small university, located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley in the city of Staunton, VA is seeking full-time and part-time Housekeepers/Environmental Services Technicians. The ideal candidates will be proactive, and energetic with a minimum of 3 years cleaning experience in an institutional or commercial environment. Experience in floor maintenance preferred.
Job duties include, but not limited to; sweeping, dust/wet mopping, vacuuming; refinishing, and maintenance of hard surface floors; cleaning carpeting and upholstery. Use and maintain assigned power equipment; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls and carpets.
Housekeepers/Environmental Services Technicians are responsible for the following:
- Restroom cleaning, including fixtures, dispensers, commodes, showers/tubs, etc. using established practices and procedures. Perform cleaning using chemicals and supplies as directed.
- Responsible for cleaning general spills and bio-hazards.
- Assuring interior and exterior entrances are clean and presentable.
- Cleaning and snow removal on sidewalks and application of ice-melt chemicals.
- Attend to Environmental Services emergencies when necessary and as assigned.
Working hours are M – F, 5:00 am-1:30 pm with occasional overtime or weekend work. Competitive compensation and benefit package including health insurance; vacation, holidays and sick leave; retirement plan; tuition assistance and other university benefits.
Interested applicants should submit an application with Facilities Management at 318 Prospect Street, Staunton, VA 24401 or email their resume to Misty Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.