Mary Baldwin University is currently seeking candidates for the position of Payroll Administrator. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation and distribution of the payrolls for faculty, staff, and students. This is a full-time non-exempt position with a generous benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles processing of bi-weekly payroll for hourly and student employees, and monthly payroll for faculty and administrative staff.
- Coordinates with Director of Human Resources on the setup and review of new hires and terminations as they relate to payroll processing.
- Enters and updates wage rates, voluntary deductions, tax information, direct deposit information, and any other relevant data into the ADP Payroll system.
- Provides training and assists employees in setting up self-service function and time and attendance function in the ADP system.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations and taxation, to include multi-state taxation for remote employees.
- Handles quarter-end and year-end reconciliations for preparation of quarterly reports and W-2’s, and any other required tax forms.
- Monitors vacation/sick leave activity and runs relevant reports.
- Addresses system issues related to payroll processing, and is the main point of contact for all ADP technical issues, updates and modifications.
- Provides information and assistance to employees and students with payroll-related questions.
- Provides payroll records, documentation, and reports for audits and surveys, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned as they relate to payroll.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent
- At least two to three years of payroll processing experience.
- Basic knowledge of principles of accounting and payroll.
- Knowledge of Federal and State practices and regulations as they relate to payroll.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with strong knowledge of and experience with Excel.
- Highly effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable experience in lieu of a degree.
- Prior experience with the ADP Payroll system or other third party payroll system.
- Higher education experience a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume’, and contact information for three references to HRApply@marybaldwin.edu.
Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, veterans, and other underrepresented groups.