Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS), Mary Baldwin University, located in Fishersville, VA is seeking a Technology Support Specialist to work with a team to ensure the effective use of technology for the Murphy College of Health Sciences (MDCHS) in partnership with the University’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) and the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). The specialist will have a strong background with installing, managing, and troubleshooting advanced technology for classroom audio and video hardware as well as other A/V software and hardware used by support staff. The specialists at MDCHS also provide support to faculty, staff, and students regarding the use of the learning management system (LMS), computer hardware and software, printing, word processing, and email. The specialist will manage and maintain the college’s simulation manikins and laboratory. This is a full time, benefits eligible position that will work on the MDCHS campus.
Summary of Position:
- Support and manage key technology, including but not limited to building A/V technology, learning management (Canvas), evaluation management, and policy management systems; accreditation reporting; and virtual meeting software.
- Provide direct support for faculty and staff in their use of technology for instructional and College purposes, including response to requests for support via phone, email, or walk-in contact.
- Provide classroom, instructional technology, and administrative staff support of hardware and software including working with vendors as deemed necessary.
- Plan, provide and evaluate training for faculty and staff in the use of technology to include PCs and software.
- Maintain and repair our Laerdal patient manikins and simulation lab hardware.
- Prepare support and procedural documentation for users.
- Provide training and support of Microsoft office applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Assist the VP/Dean/Directors with accreditation needs.
- Participate in team maintenance and management of IT equipment.
- Act as administrator for specific applications as required.
- Support usage of various survey tools (Qualtrics) used by faculty, staff, and students.
- Evaluate and plan opportunities for improvements to training programs and personnel support.
- Associates degree, preferably in IT/IS or a related field
- Experience with multimedia technology and sound equipment
- Experience with Crestron and/or Extron control systems
- Successful experience providing customer support
- Experience working with a team for IT support
- Working knowledge of common desktop hardware and software operating systems (Windows, MacOS) and Windows productivity applications software
- Strong background in computer repair and diagnosis
- Superior interpersonal communication (oral and written, and organizational skills including ability to function independently and as a member of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical call center or help desk experience
- Experience using and supporting a course management system for instruction and/or training
- Experience with specialized systems for health care education
- Experience with Qualtrics, Canvas LMS, Panopto, and Tableau
- Knowledge of higher education accreditation policies and principles
- Knowledge of the practical application of technology, audio/video/electronic equipment
- Experience with Laerdal simulation software and hardware
- CompTIA A+ certification
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
Mary Baldwin University has an historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service. Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is made up of professional programs including Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Master of Science in Physician Assistant, Master of Health Administration, RN-BSN completion, and several Doctor of Nursing Practice tracks. MDCHS emphasizes superior education in a people-centered environment. Our state-of-the-art health sciences campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County and is the flagship building with high-tech classrooms, research spaces, extensive laboratories, and a simulation center. MDCHS has a strong commitment to interprofessional education across the programs.
Emphasis on Diversity: Mary Baldwin University seeks and encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in higher education and with academic experience with diverse student bodies. Above all, we seek candidates eager to embrace and empower an ethic of equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Interested candidates should send the following information to HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
Timeline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position if filled.
Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.