Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS), Mary Baldwin University, located in Fishersville, VA is seeking a Didactic Faculty position for the Nurse Anesthesiology Program (NAP).
Summary of Position:
This position is a full-time position at the rank of (rank will be commensurate with experience). The Didactic Faculty of the NAP is a doctoral-prepared, practicing, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist or Anesthesiologist who in collaboration with the NAP Director, has the responsibility of teaching, advising, and evaluating students.
- Collaborates with the NAP Director to teach a course load appropriate to the discipline.
- Assists in establishing criteria for admissions, curriculum content, and performance criteria for the students.
- Contributes to the selection and development of instructional materials in accordance with course objectives and the curricular design.
- Incorporates specific accreditation criteria into coursework syllabi and content.
- Serve as a mentor and advisor for student DNP scholarly projects as assigned.
- Participates with the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Programs, the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, and other organizations to ensure program excellence and appropriateness of the curriculum and instruction to advance nurse anesthesia education.
- Serves on university, college, and program committees.
- Participates in admissions, marketing, fund-raising, and other functions that support the program. Collaborates with the NAP Director on student recruitment, selection, evaluation, advisement, and retention.
- Identifies students at risk for not meeting performance criteria to assist student with engaging the appropriate resources for success.
- Participates in the academic and clinical advising of students as assigned by the NAP Program Director.
- Faculty will have responsibilities associated with teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Maintains active clinical practice.
- Assists Assistant Program Director with clinical site visits.
- Candidates must have an earned Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP), or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree and be a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) or a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) and be an Anesthesiologist.
- Should have at least 3 years of clinical practice experience.
- Commitment to learner-centered education, innovative educational models, and readiness to participate in interprofessional educational opportunities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior didactic teaching experience. Teaching experience in a nurse anesthesiology program is preferred.
Other preferred qualifications:
- Experience with or understanding of online educational learning and teaching including use of learning technologies.
- Experience with simulation technology and curriculum development for simulation experiences.
- Demonstrated expertise in various Learning Management Systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with Apple IOS products.
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
Mary Baldwin University has an historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service. Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is made up of professional programs including Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Master of Science in Physician Assistant, Master of Health Administration, RN-BSN completion, and several Doctor of Nursing Practice tracks. MDCHS emphasizes superior education in a people-centered environment. Our state-of-the-art health sciences campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County and is the flagship building with high-tech classrooms, research spaces, extensive laboratories, and a simulation center. MDCHS has a strong commitment to interprofessional education across the programs.
Emphasis on Diversity: Mary Baldwin University seeks and encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in higher education and with academic experience with diverse student bodies. Above all, we seek candidates eager to embrace and empower an ethic of equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Send the following information to Search Committee Chair, at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
Timeline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.