Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS), Mary Baldwin University, located in Fishersville, VA is seeking a Director of Clinical Education for the Nurse Practitioner tracks as part of the recently launched Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
Summary of Position:
This position is a full-time, 12-month, benefits eligible position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Qualified candidates must have an earned Doctorate (DNP, PhD, DNS) degree and be a Certified Advanced Practice Nurse with a specialty in Adult Gerontology- Acute Care, with at least 3 years of clinical practice experience. The successful candidate should have experience in clinical education. Responsibilities will include administration of the clinical education component of the nurse practitioner tracks, clinical placement, teaching, and clinical advising. The candidate should be comfortable working in a highly interprofessional, collaborative teaching and learning environment.
- An earned Doctorate (DNP, PhD, DNS) degree and certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse with a specialty in Adult Gerontology- Acute Care and/or Family Practice.
- At least 3 years of clinical practice experience.
- Experience in clinical education, preferably nurse practitioner education
- Experience in graduate teaching, preferably in distance-mediated programs
- Experience with or understanding of online educational learning and teaching including use of learning technologies.
- Demonstrated expertise in various Learning Management Systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Apple IOS products
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
Mary Baldwin University has an historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service. Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is made up of professional programs including Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Master of Science in Physician Assistant, Master of Health Administration, RN-BSN completion, and several Doctor of Nursing Practice tracks. MDCHS emphasizes superior education in a people-centered environment. Our state-of-the-art health sciences campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County and is the flagship building with high-tech classrooms, research spaces, extensive laboratories, and a simulation center. MDCHS has a strong commitment to interprofessional education across the programs.
Emphasis on Diversity: Mary Baldwin University seeks and encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in higher education and with academic experience with diverse student bodies. Above all, we seek candidates eager to embrace and empower an ethic of equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Send the following information to Search Committee Chair, at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
Timeline: Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Start date is negotiable, but during the spring or summer semesters 2022 is preferred.
Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.