Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS), Mary Baldwin University, located in Fishersville, VA is seeking a Director of Student Services. This is a full time, benefits eligible position.
Summary of Position:
The Director of Student Services is a member of the MDCHS administrative team and participates in college planning. The Director collaborates with administrators, faculty, staff, and student leaders to ensure that all in-seat students receive a high-quality student life experience through services that support their well-being, development, engagement, and success. The Director is responsible for leading the planning, development, organization, management, implementation, and assessment of the student services initiatives by establishing and maintaining quality standards based on industry best practices. The Director cultivates and develops diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives with student and college leadership in keeping with the University’s mission. The Director also serves as an advocate for student success and retention.
Administrative Student Support:
- Develop and maintain goals, objectives, and plan linked to the strategic plan of MDCHS and MBU.
- Develop and maintain policies for student services department.
- Oversee and evaluate initiatives to ensure the achievement of desired goals and outcomes for student services department
- Implement assessments to measure student satisfaction and coordinate review and analysis of data with Leadership Team
- Coordinate new student orientation programs in consultation with Admissions, Program leadership, and Administration
- Serve as the MDCHS liaison for campus offices including: Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Library, Chaplain’s Office, Counseling Services, Student Engagement, and Center for Student Success
- Serve as the liaison for selected third party vendors related to student services initiatives including student health insurance, Augusta Health Behavioral Support, and the school store
- Monitor and oversee ordering of MDCHS branded items for campus use
- Collaborate with others in planning internal and external events held at MDCHS.
- Engage in practices that are consistent with the program/college’s desired image.
Direct Student Support:
- Coordinate MDCHS tutoring services
- Coordinate student lockers
- Assist Admissions with new student onboarding as relevant to Orientation and Student Services
- Oversee Student Health Insurance enrollment
- Assist students with accessing services for accommodations
- Coordinate “MDCHS Office Hours” with relevant campus offices (Library, Center for Student Support, etc.)
- Coordinate distribution of Financial Aid disbursements with appropriate MBU offices each semester
- Coordinate with student leadership and clubs and manage approval of student events
- Maintain an open line of student communications through emails, message boards, bulletin boards, weekly newsletter, wellness calls, etc.
- Plan and implement student activities and events
Other Job Duties Include:
- Manage departmental budget and related processes
- Oversee and supervise student workers
- Serve as Deputy Title IX Coordinator with primary responsibility for MDCHS and support MBU campus as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written communications
- Experience in higher education with an emphasis in health-related professions and disciplines preferred
- Passion for working with students
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, including work experience with diverse student populations
- Strong customer service and relations base
- Proficiency with information technology and experience with software applications including Microsoft Office, electronic communication, and database management
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
Mary Baldwin University has an historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service. Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is made up of professional programs including Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Master of Science in Physician Assistant, Master of Health Administration, RN-BSN completion, and several Doctor of Nursing Practice tracks. MDCHS emphasizes superior education in a people-centered environment. Our state-of-the-art health sciences campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County and is the flagship building with high-tech classrooms, research spaces, extensive laboratories, and a simulation center. MDCHS has a strong commitment to interprofessional education across the programs.
Emphasis on Diversity: Mary Baldwin University seeks and encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in higher education and with academic experience with diverse student bodies. Above all, we seek candidates eager to embrace and empower an ethic of equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Interested candidates should send the following information to HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
Timeline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position if filled. The start date is negotiable, but it is anticipated to begin in summer 2022 or sooner.
Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.