The PEG Center Residence Hall Director (RHD) supervises and coordinates the residential component of the Program for the Exceptionally Gifted. This live-in staff member provides primary support in the evenings and on weekends, when students are most likely to be in the residence hall. Through supervision, programming, community development, and involvement with parents, the RHD serves as a mentor for PEG students and helps to fulfill the mission of providing a safe, supportive, and nurturing residential setting. The RHD also serves as a member of the campus professional on-call team.
Responsibilities include the following:
– On duty 1 night per week (rotating) and 3 weekends per month. Reside in PEG Center residence hall.
– Supervise and evaluate RA team to ensure positive interactions between staff and students.
– Meet with students as needed to respond to social, emotional, and academic needs.
– Attend, lead, and/or assist with evening activities such as hall programs and community meetings.
– Conduct regular rounds of the residence hall during study hours and nightly check-in.
– Carry on-duty cell phone and respond to calls.
– Provide transportation to off-campus appointments, classes, etc.
– Facilitate residence hall closing and opening for all college breaks.
– Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Higher Education, Gifted Education, or Counseling preferred. Prior experience in residence life, student affairs, or related field required. Valid driver’s license.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Christy Baker, Director of PEG Student Life, at email@example.com.