The Technology Support Specialist works with a team to ensure the effective use of technology for the Murphy College of Health Sciences (MDCHS) in partnership with the University’s Office of Information Technology (OIT). The two specialists manage advanced technology for learning management, evaluation management, and accreditation reporting. The specialists at MDCHS also provide support to faculty, staff, and students regarding the use of the learning management system (LMS), computer hardware and software, printing, word processing, email, and operating systems. Each support specialist at MDCHS has different expertise and focus for completion of these tasks. The focus for this position is below.
- Provide direct support for faculty and staff in their use of technology for instructional and College purposes, including response to requests for support via phone, email, or walk-in contact.
- Support and manage key technology, including but not limited to learning management (Canvas), evaluation management, and policy management systems; accreditation reporting; and virtual meeting software.
- Provide basic classroom and instructional technology troubleshooting of hardware and software.
- Provide training and documentation for end users in the use of technology to include PCs and software.
- Provide training and support of Microsoft office applications including PowerPoint, Word and EXCEL
- Assist the VP/Dean/Directors with accreditation needs.
- Loan and keep track of equipment.
- Act as security administrator for specific applications as required.
- Support usage of various survey tools (Qualtrics) used by faculty, staff, and students.
- Other duties as assigned.
In cooperation with OIT
- Install and maintain equipment, including but not limited to evaluation, preparation, and removal.
- Participate in the planning and design of physical and virtual learning spaces as well as renovation or other changes to existing learning spaces.
- Evaluate and plan opportunities for improvements to training programs and personal support.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Associate degree, preferably in IT/IS or a related field
- Successful experience providing customer support
- Experience working with a team for IT support
- Working knowledge of common desktop hardware and software operating systems (Windows, Macintosh) and Windows productivity applications software
- Knowledge of the practical application of technology and audio/video/electronic equipment
- Superior interpersonal, communication (oral and written, and organizational skills including ability to function independently and as a member of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical call center or help desk experience
- Experience using and supporting a course management system for instruction and/or training
- Experience with multimedia technology and sound equipment
- Experience with specialized systems for health care education
- Experience with Qualtrics, Canvas LMS, Panopto, Tableau, and PolicyStat
- Knowledge of higher education accreditation policies and principles
- Working knowledge of SQL statements, survey writing, and report writing
- Knowledge of Iota 360 course evaluation system
- CompTIA A+ Certification or higher
This is a full time, benefits-eligible position. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, a resume, and three professional references to HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.