Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Advancement, the Assistant Director will be responsible for the development and oversight of the donor relations strategy for Mary Baldwin University, including determining best practices and processes.
- Create and execute an annual Stewardship Engagement Calendar of strategic activities and communications for all donors, including special engagement opportunities and benefits for Lifetime Giving Societies and Annual Giving Circles.
- Ensure timely notification of honorary and memorial gifts, as appropriate.
- Help with monitoring the status of new and existing named, endowed funds as well as special donor restricted non-endowed funds to ensure proper recognition, compliance, and timely annual reporting of financial status and impact to donors. Assist in the drafting and production of annual donor reports.
- In conjunction with the Office of Business and Finance and the Office of Financial Aid, ensure that named and endowed scholarships and fellowships are appropriately awarded annually per donor criteria.
- Work directly with student recipients to request and obtain post-acceptance materials as required. Ensure that files and databases are kept up-to-date with the most recent and accurate data regarding donors and funds.
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant Director of Advancement Communications on all Stewardship communications needs including letters, impact reports, website updates, and email correspondence. Example: Develop Annual Donor Impact Report
- Develop and execute university wide Annual Day of Thanks Event including project management of marketing collateral, event collateral, internal campus partner collaborations, and event planning logistics.
- Plan and execute individualized donor stewardship plans such as dedication events, collateral, signage, and other donor recognition.
- Support the work of the Sr. Director of Board Operations in providing custom stewardship for top university donors and Presidential prospects.
- Assist with the planning and staffing of all Advancement engagement events.
- Oversee student workers assigned to the department.
- Assist with departmental budgeting and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of news and other “happenings” at MBU in order to be able to strategically share information with donors and prospects.
To Apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remote/hybrid work possible.