Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS) at Mary Baldwin University in Fishersville, VA is seeking two full-time faculty members for the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program to start Fall 2022 or soon afterward. Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences has a strong commitment to interprofessional education.
Summary of the Position:
The Co-Directors of Clinical Education (DCE) will report to the Program Director for the Doctor of Physical Therapy program and will have the primary oversight for clinical education, as well as some teaching responsibilities in the program, including participation in several innovative interprofessional courses across the College. The Co-DCEs will be expected to maintain and develop relationships with regional and national clinical education sites for DPT student placements and continue to develop clinical education faculty and the clinical education program as a whole to enhance clinical opportunities and partnerships nationwide.
- Earned doctoral degree (DPT, PhD, or EdD) from an accredited educational program
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- A minimum of 5 years clinical experience as a physical therapist
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical teaching and/or clinical coordination or clinical instructor experience
- Strong organizational, communication, decision-making, teamwork, interpersonal & leadership skills
- Knowledge in the management of information, particularly computer technology
- Able to travel as needed
- Prior teaching in a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant academic program
- Knowledge of and experience with CAPTE accreditation standards and procedures
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
In addition to managing the Clinical Education portion of the program, the successful candidate is expected to teach in areas that match the candidate’s experience and may include, but is not limited to, student research projects and interprofessional education opportunities with the Doctor of Occupational Therapy and Master of Science in Physician Assistant faculty and students.
The successful candidate is expected to develop or have in place an active research agenda with the potential for integrating students.
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
Mary Baldwin University has an historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service. Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is made up of professional programs including Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Master of Science in Physician Assistant, Master of Health Administration, RN-BSN completion, and several Doctor of Nursing Practice tracks. MDCHS emphasizes superior education in a people-centered environment. Our state-of-the-art health sciences campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County and is the flagship building with high-tech classrooms, research spaces, extensive laboratories, and a simulation center.
Timeline: Application reviews begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Rank is commensurate with experience and credentials. Projected start date is negotiable.
Please send the following information to Search Committee Chair, at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.