Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS), Mary Baldwin University, located in Fishersville, VA is seeking a Director for the Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
Summary of Position:
The Physical Therapy Program Director position is a full-time, 12-month faculty member who has additional administrative responsibilities for their individual programs to include curriculum development, accreditation processes, planning and policy development, recruiting, orienting and evaluating faculty, and generally providing rigorous standards for academic quality. This position is responsible to the Vice President/Dean of the College of Health Sciences.
- An earned Doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc) degree
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in Virginia
- Minimum of six years of full-time higher education experience, with a minimum of three years full-time experience in a physical therapist education program
- Currently at the rank of associate professor or higher, or eligible for the rank of associate professor
- A record of excellence in academic leadership and teaching
- A strong teaching dossier that includes a statement of teaching philosophy, course evaluations, and a record of previous teaching accomplishments and innovations submitted as part of the application.
- Exceptional leadership skills, including an ability to work effectively within a team that is comprised of multiple stakeholders such as faculty, senior administration, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support and mentorship as an advocate for change and new ideas
- A willingness to engage with the institution and the faculty to share knowledge and expertise in their subject area.
- Experience with interprofessional education models and open to working collaboratively across health professions programs
- Experiences in various learning technologies
- Demonstrated expertise in various Learning Management Systems especially Canvas
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Apple IOS products
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
Mary Baldwin University has an historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service. Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is made up of professional programs including Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Master of Science in Physician Assistant, Master of Health Administration, RN-BSN completion, and several Doctor of Nursing Practice tracks. MDCHS emphasizes superior education in a people-centered environment. Our state-of-the-art health sciences campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County and is the flagship building with high-tech classrooms, research spaces, extensive laboratories, and a simulation center. MDCHS has a strong commitment to interprofessional education across the programs.
Emphasis on Diversity: Mary Baldwin University seeks and encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in higher education and with academic experience with diverse student bodies. Above all, we seek candidates eager to embrace and empower an ethic of equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Send the following information to the University’s Executive Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
Timeline: Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Start date is January 2023 if possible, but is negotiable.
Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.