The Admissions Counselor works under the general directive of the Director of Admissions, Residential Programs and will manage his/her recruitment territory for Mary Baldwin University. The Admissions Counselor will be responsible for the successful recruitment and enrollment of prospective students within their territory, including, but not limited to: prospective student communication, attendance at college fairs, high school visits and on and off campus recruiting events. The Admissions Counselor will also be responsible for general office duties as assigned. This is a 12-month position with benefits.
- Territory communication management including emails, phone calling, birthday cards, personal notes
- College fair attendance
- Set up and attendance for high school visits
- Preparation and attendance for both on-campus and off-campus recruiting events
- Collect and review application materials for the University
- Collaborate with other offices on campus to ensure successful transition of enrolled students
- Create and maintain relationships with parents, students and guidance counselors
- Participate in yield strategy
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Some weekend and evening hours will be required as is a valid Virginia driver’s license since travel is a part of this position. Experience with Salesforce software is desirable.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Samantha Hughes, Director of Admissions, Residential Programs, at email@example.com.