The MBCW seeks highly organized MBU graduate students with an excellent academic track record for the position of graduate assistant. Reporting directly to Dr. Amy Tillerson-Brown, graduate assistants are responsible for:
- assisting with planning, organizing, and implementing MBCW programs and events,
- working with MBCW students—primarily those in the residential program—on a variety of projects ranging from enhancing study skills to leadership development,
- assist with organizing the MBCW annual Women’s Leadership Symposium,
- collaborating with residence assistants assigned to McClung, the MBCW residence hall,
- assisting with annual MBCW orientation and the fall semester orientation course,
- helping to organize experiential learning and student research activities,
- and other duties as deemed necessary.
The duties of a GA require up to a maximum of 20 hours of work per week during the regular semester, and if the appointment extends through the summer, the appropriate corresponding amount which may be slightly higher than the 20 hours per week figure due to the condensed summer schedule and extended intercession break periods.
Graduate students interested in a graduate assistantship must have full acceptance into the following graduate programs: Higher Education, Shakespeare and Performance, Masters of Education/Masters of Arts in Teaching (MAT), Applied Behavior Analyst, or the MBA program. After receiving an assistantship, the student must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA to retain the assistantship for the 2nd year.
Graduate assistants will receive a tuition waiver to cover up to eighteen (18) semester hours of course credit during the academic year. In addition, graduate assistants receive a stipend in the amount of $5000.00 for the contract year, payable in twelve equal monthly installments. Graduate assistants will also receive a campus meal plan which will begin at move-in. Mary Baldwin University seeks and encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in higher education and with academic experience with diverse student bodies. Above all, we seek candidates eager to embrace and empower an ethic of equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position and how your experience and passions will lend themselves to performing required duties to Dr. Tillerson-Brown at email@example.com. All offers are contingent upon an approved background check.