The Executive Assistant will jointly support members of the Mary Baldwin University executive team, along with managing the daily operations of the Office of Student Engagement. The Executive Assistant will demonstrate a commitment to continuous quality improvement, confidentiality, and provide outstanding service to a variety of university stakeholders (internal and external).
The Executive Assistant will report jointly to the Executive Vice President & CFO (EVP) and the Vice President of Student Engagement (VPSE).
- Provide general administrative support to the EVP and VPSE, including meeting scheduling, travel assistance, calendar maintenance, expense and invoice processing, correspondence, filing, light research, etc.
- Support activities related to employee recruitment, including scheduling meetings, assisting in travel arrangements, and basic onboarding activities.
- Prepare, review, edit, and send out professional correspondence to students, faculty, and/or staff on behalf of the EVP, VPSE, or their designees.
Office of Student Engagement
- Oversee daily operations of the office, including reception of visitors, answering the office line, responding to general email communications, maintaining supplies, etc.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of a variety of departmental and campus-wide events, including orientation, family weekends, commencement, etc.
- Train and supervise work-study students in the office.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years in a professional office environment
- Computer literate and proficient in common office productivity tools, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Mail and Calendar, Zoom, Teams, etc.
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills and a professional presence
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality and demonstrate sound judgment in responding to students, faculty, staff, and external constituencies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrated cultural competence, and experience working with diverse groups
- Supervisory experience and experience in higher education preferred.
- Event coordination and execution experience preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to HRApply@marybaldwin.edu.