Mary Baldwin University is currently recruiting for a full-time Learning Experience Designer I to support the MBU Online Division. Are you an individual who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and enjoys developing educational solutions? Do you have a desire to create engaging learning products that focus on user experience and address the unique needs of various audiences? If so, MBU Online has an opening for a Learning Experience Designer I (LxD). This position will partner with faculty and subject matter experts in the development of high quality learning experiences that are meaningful, easy to use, and enjoyable for the identified audience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Learning Experience Designers (LxD) at MBU work with faculty/subject matter experts to facilitate the development of high quality learning experiences supporting the mission and goals of the university. Position requires demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply instructional design principles, learning theory, and educational technologies in the design and development of learning experiences. This individual will need to be proficient with designing experiential assessments.
This role will stay up to date on new tools, technologies, learning methodologies, and research in the field to ensure we are continuously providing creative and engaging experiences for the MBU Online audience.
The LxD manages interactions with clients/faculty/subject matter experts to meet deadlines and facilitate the production of timely, quality learning experiences that align with institutional goals. Time management, organizational skills and ability to multi-task and/or the ability to efficiently switch between multiple projects is a must.
This position will work closely with the project management as well as senior designers to ensure each project is tracking appropriately. In addition, the LxD will need to track the progress of each project in MBU’s PM software.
The LxD will assist with the build of all MBU Online courses. This role will be familiar with all tools/technologies available at MBU for the design, development, and build of learning products. They will consider what tools and tech is the most appropriate depending on the design need. This role will work closely with the Senior Learning Solutions Architect to determine the best way to layout content on the page, taking into consideration best practices in the field and the tools available. Once the layout has been decided, the LxD will complete the build in Canvas, reaching out to the Learning Solutions Architect or Instructional Technologist as needed.
- This position requires a Master’s degree in a relevant field and/or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience designing and/or teaching online courses.
- Experience designing learning offerings in response to an identified business or learning problem/need.
- Ability to design learning content while keeping in mind the user experience.
- Demonstrated experience designing application based assessments to effectively measure progress and mastery.
- Experience working with vendors and/or working with multimedia teams to develop engaging multimedia content.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to engage across networks and work effectively in virtual teams.
- Ability to converse with faculty about educational, pedagogical, and technology.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills; ability to proactively manage course design and development situations as well as project schedule.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to probe for deep understanding
- Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management, organizational, and professional effectiveness skills.
- Possess a passion for continued professional development in the areas of instructional design, learning experience design, curriculum development, teach and learning, etc…
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.