The Assistant Director of Advancement Communications will be responsible for creating and implementing strategy to support the university’s annual fundraising and alumni engagement goals. This position will report to the Associate Vice President for Advancement, and will work collaboratively with annual giving, stewardship, campaign, and alumni engagement areas. This position will also be the advancement division’s liaison to the Office of Integrated Communications, the university’s central strategy and strategic communications division. The ideal teammate will be creative, energetic, collaborative, attentive to detail and project deadlines, and value teamwork.
- Serve as lead communications strategist for Division of University Advancement.
- Develop and oversee implementation of messaging strategy to support the university’s annual fundraising and alumni engagement goals.
- Work closely with the Associate Vice President for Advancement and the Director of Annual Giving to develop and implement annual fund campaigns (e.g. Empowers Fund) and work closely with the Associate Vice President of Alumni Engagement to develop and implement alumni engagement marketing campaigns (i.e. Homecoming), including but not limited to direct mail, email, website, and social media content.
- Serve as lead writer for annual fund campaigns and alumni engagement collateral, for example, the Fall Appeal and the monthly Alumni Engagement Newsletter.
- Collaborate with graphic designers as needed to bring creative concepts to life visually.
- Develop and implement fundraising and alumni engagement email strategy to include but not limited to audience segmentation, content development, and measurement/evaluation.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the university’s director of digital and social media to develop social media strategy and content that supports fundraising and alumni engagement goals.
- Work closely with the university’s Office of Integrated Communications to ensure that advancement messaging is represented in the university news and storytelling operation. Contribute story ideas and articles (as needed), including but not limited to donor stories, alumni profiles, and stories of philanthropy and engagement.
- Manage the Alumni Website and the MBU Empowers campaign microsite, including content creation and routine updates.
- Work with the Vice President and Associate Vice President on the development of major gift proposals and gift agreements.
- Ensure all communications and materials adhere to established MBU brand standards and voice, working with the Office of Integrated Communications to maintain brand integrity.
- Position reports to Associate Vice President for Advancement and will work closely with the Vice President and colleagues in University Advancement, as well as the University President and members of the Office of Integrated Communications.
- 3-5 years of progressive advancement communication experience; higher education experience preferred.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent planning and project management skills.
- Experience and comfort working with a variety of technologies, including website CMS’s, social platforms, email platforms, digital analytics, CRM databases, etc. Anthology experience preferred.
- Alumni Engagement and Fundraising experience preferred.
- Basic graphic design capabilities are a plus.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Mary Harvey, Associate Vice President for Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.