The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS) at Mary Baldwin University in Staunton, VA invites applications for the Administrative Assistant for the recently launched Doctor of Nursing Practice Program in Nurse Anesthesiology. The Administrative Assistant works independently with minimal supervision and supports the Program Director and Faculty in the Nurse Anesthesiology Program (NAP). Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: complex administrative tasks related to accreditation reports/files for the NAP; preparing and initiating various forms of correspondence; assisting with departmental projects; handling prospective student inquiries; addressing the needs of visitors, students, prospective students, university personnel, and prospective employees.
- Assists the NAP Program Director and the MBU Admissions team on all aspects of the admissions process.
- Coordinates Admission Committee meetings and on-site interviews with applicants.
- Assists with organizing, compiling necessary statistics and data, and contacting participants for program committees.
- Assists Program Director with program accreditation process.
- Assists with compiling necessary data/information for accreditation and regulatory agency reports.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Student Services to prepare orientation material for incoming students.
- Compiles and maintains policies for the program using Policystat, including elements related to the program handbooks.
- Compiles and maintains database for student traineeships utilizing Typhon.
- Collaborates with the MBU Health Center on garnering needed incoming student health information and maintains current student files for PALS, ACLS, RN licensure and health immunizations and reports as required by each clinical site.
- Prepares credentialing documents for student as required by clinical sites.
- Prepares documents for student memberships in professional organizations.
- Prepares program application documents for professional examinations.
- Assists program faculty with preparation of professional presentations, publications, grant documents, and articles.
- Maintains files, organizes information, and compiles data as required by the University, College, and accreditation agencies.
- Takes meeting minutes and finalizes a written draft for review.
- Oversees the ordering of instructional and simulation lab supplies.
- Assists with planning of program-related activities and events as appropriate and directed.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
Associate degree related field or two years of college equivalent; Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; Familiarity with medical terminology and documentation, and established internal and external regulatory guidelines to include HIPAA; Expertise with Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel; Self-motivator who can multi-task, prioritize duties and meet deadlines, and maintain confidentiality.
Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or related field. Strong background in data analytics and research. Excellent written communication skills.
This is a full time, benefits-eligible position. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, a resume, and 3 references to HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.