Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS) at Mary Baldwin University in Fishersville, VA is seeking one full-time faculty member for the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program to start Fall 2023 or soon afterward. Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences has a strong commitment to interprofessional education.
Summary of the Position:
This faculty position is a full-time, 12-month appointment at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor. Responsibilities include teaching management of cardiovascular and pulmonary conditions and/or acute care, or pediatrics including evidence-based physical therapy management. Academic advising, research/scholarship, and service. The candidate should be comfortable working in a highly interprofessional, collaborative teaching and learning environment using elements of problem-based learning.
- Terminal degree (Ph.D., D.Sc., Ed.D. or equivalent). Doctoral candidates (Ph.D., D.Sc., or Ed.D.) are encouraged to apply if their degree will be conferred shortly after being hired.
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialization (ABPTS) certification as a clinical specialist is preferred, but not required.
- Prior teaching experience in an entry-level DPT program is preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical experience as a physical therapist and eligible for licensure in Virginia.
The successful candidate is expected to be the primary course instructor in cardiovascular and pulmonary and acute care content or pediatrics. Other teaching responsibilities will match the candidate’s experience and may include, but is not limited to, student research projects and interprofessional education opportunities with the Doctor of Occupational Therapy and Master of Science in Physician Assistant faculty and students.
The successful candidate is expected to develop or have in place an active research agenda with the potential for integrating students.
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
Mary Baldwin University has an historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service. Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is made up of professional programs including Doctor of Physical Therapy, Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Master of Science in Physician Assistant, Master of Health Administration, RN-BSN completion, and several Doctor of Nursing Practice tracks. MDCHS emphasizes superior education in a people-centered environment. Our state-of-the-art health sciences campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County and is the flagship building with high-tech classrooms, research spaces, extensive laboratories, and a simulation center.
Timeline: Application reviews begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Rank is commensurate with experience and credentials. Projected start date is negotiable.
Please send the following information to Search Committee Chair, at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.