Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is dedicated to the education of tomorrow’s healthcare professionals who can navigate our complex healthcare system with professionalism and compassion. MDCHS offers a variety of graduate and undergraduate health programs and is developing new programs and expanding current offerings. The College’s School of Nursing has expanded to offer a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree to complement MBU’s established professional programs. We invite doctoral prepared candidates with exceptional skills and experience in nursing education and practice to apply for the full-time, 12 month, fixed term/ranked didactic faculty position in the Nurse Anesthesiology Program (NAP).
Summary of Position:
The Didactic Faculty of the NAP is a doctoral-prepared, practicing, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist or Anesthesiologist who in collaboration with the NAP Director, has the responsibility teaching, advising, and evaluating students.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Candidates must have an earned Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP), or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree and be a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) or a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) and be an Anesthesiologist.
- A minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Teaching experience in a nurse anesthesiology program is preferred.
- Experience with or understanding of online educational learning and teaching including use of learning technologies.
- Experience with simulation technology and curriculum development for simulation experiences.
- Demonstrated expertise in various Learning Management Systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with Apple IOS products.
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences
Building upon MBU’s historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service, our professional programs emphasize superior education in a people-centered environment.
Send the following information to DNP-NAP Search Committee Chair, c/o Ms. Barrie Holt at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu
- Letter of Application
- Names and contact information including e-mail addresses for three references
To assure earliest consideration please submit materials by June 16, 2023. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Questions? Contact the search committee chair: Dr. Pam Dressler, School of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org