MBU’s 176th Commencement Ceremony
10 a.m., Sunday, May 20, 2018
Barbara Kares Page Terrace on the main campus in Staunton, Virginia
Commencement speaker: Dr. Lynn Pasquerella, President of the Association of American Colleges and Universities
Important Info and Updates for Graduates and Guests
- The complete 2018 Commencement Weekend schedule is available online. The event registration deadline of May 1, 2018, has passed. If you have any questions, call Student Life at 540-887-7221.
- No registration is necessary for Sunday morning Commencement Breakfast at University Café, available between 6:30-9 a.m.
- Special needs seating passes, for those who reserved them, need to be picked up at Page Terrace by 9 a.m. Sunday.
- No actual ticket is needed to attend Commencement.
- Graduates need to arrive at Hunt Dining Hall by 9:00 a.m. to line up. Undergrads in Hunt West, graduate students in Hunt East.
- For live streaming of both Saturday’s Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences Hooding Ceremony and Sunday’s Commencement at Mary Baldwin University, go to marybaldwin.edu/live. On Sunday, guests may also watch the Commencement Ceremony live stream in Francis Auditorium.
- Rain location: JMU Convocation Center, 895 University Blvd, Harrisonburg, VA (10:30 a.m. ceremony; graduates need to arrive by 9:30 a.m. to line up). Visit the Rain Plan page for details.
- How you’ll know the rain plan is in effect: early Sunday morning, there will be a notice posted on the marybaldwin.edu home page; all BAM subscribers will receive a text alert; graduates, faculty, and staff will receive email notification; and local media outlets WHSV and WVIR will be notified.