Position open to all students to apply.
Job Title: University Café Associate
Supervisor: Mary Almarode
Office: Mary Baldwin University Café / Ham & Jam / Starbucks
- Ensure all standards are met in production of food in quality, quantity, and nutritious value as specified by management.
- Work in compliance of safety and sanitation requirements as set forth by the Health Department and management.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Produce food as necessary for the salad bars, and cold bars to ensure food is prepared properly and on time
- Produce food for carry outs on time ensuring accuracy per production sheets
- Assist other as necessary in to complete their task
- Prepare food and set up bars.
- Maintain proper labeling and storage of food in vegetable walk-in and coolers.
- Clean and sanitize all surfaces and equipment as necessary and per cleaning schedule
- Ensure safe rotation of food on salad bar also preventing run outs and maintaining proper temperature
- Assist Manager and Executive Chef as necessary for special events and catering
- Ensure food and beverage is served in correct portions and in a professional manner
- Assist the Manager in providing excellent customer service
- Complete check out sheet with Manager’s signature prior to ending a shift
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to assist the Manager in completing their duties
- Produce food for the salad bar and all other cold bars according to the production sheet. Produce food for and ensure all (carry outs) are accurate and on time.
- Maintain or exceed Student and Guest satisfaction.
- Offer the highest quality of food product and service possible.
- Help with catered events when needed.
- Dining Area kept clean and full of needed items
- General cleaning (mop, sweep, weekly cleaning list)
- Ability to read and convert recipes.
- Knowledge of Serv safe and sanitation requirements a plus but will train if necessary.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 lbs.
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment.
- Basic knife skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
Skills you will develop:
- How to make Starbucks beverages
- Basic ServSafe
- Customer services skills
- Portion Control
- Food Management
- Communication Skills
- Time Management
- And most important is how to “Successfully work as a team and having fun while working.”
Hours: 8-10 per week