All Applicants Must Be Federally Work Study Eligible.
Job Title: VWIL Administrative Assistant
Supervisor: Brig Gen Terry Djuric
Office: VWIL Administrative Assistant
- VWIL House: Update safe driving miles for each VWIL driver, notify VWIL Commandant’s staff when driver reaches 1,000 miles.
- Answer the main phone (x7140) and work study office phone (x7393), retrieve voice mail, take messages for the VWIL Commandant’s staff if they are not available, and respond to questions about the VWIL program.
- Update facility maintenance issues with 209 and 215 N. Market Street and provide new FIIX work orders to VWIL Commandant’s Staff to submit to Facilities Maintenance.
- Support VWIL Cadet Staff and VWIL Commandant’s Staff in completing S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6 tasks.
- Respond to real-time requests to drive MBU students to pharmacy or medical appointments (medical escorts), if the student employee is an MBU certified driver.
- Provide support to the VWIL Commandant’s Staff when preparing for major VWIL events throughout the year.
- VWIL/SMA Museum. Maintain office hours Wed/Sat/Sun: 1-4:00 PM (one shift per week). Contact the MBU Campus Safety Office to open and close the museum. Answer questions for the museum visitors and ask visitors to sign the log. Update the VWIL displays: 26 years of nULL books and The Record, update binder with 23 years of graduates — build the VWIL scrapbook for AY22-23.
- Report on time for scheduled work hours
- Answer telephones
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desired qualification: VWIL Cadet
Hours: 8-10 per week