Position open to all students to apply.
Job title: Student Technology Assistant and Resource (OIT)
Supervisor: Mike Dunaway – Operations Manager
Office/Department: Office of Information Technology
Job Duties: Work alongside professional technicians to provide technical support to faculty, staff, and students to ensure timely problem resolution.
- Answer telephones and assist walk-ins
- Log all calls in KACE Help Desk ticketing system
- Assist with imaging and installing user machines
- Maintain supplies in computer labs
- Assist with campus multimedia events as needed
- Document procedures within the department
- Assist with inventory of equipment
- Report on time for scheduled work hours
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Maintain a high level of courteous customer service at all times
- Support audio-visual needs for campus events, performance venues, and classrooms when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Special skills or knowledge you need:
- Must be computer literate and able to type
- Basic Windows and/or Mac skills
- Experience with Canvas LMS
- How to use email
- How to use internet
- How to interface Smartphones w/email and internet
Skills you will develop: Day-to-day operations of the help desk. Along with these, you will learn excellent job skills and responsibilities basic to all careers you will encounter in your future. Courtesy, customer service, punctuality, and professionalism are important in any job setting.
Hours: 8-10 hours a week
Location: Grafton 0B1