MBU ScholarshipsScholarships Awarded to Mary Baldwin University Students
Mary Baldwin’s rich scholarship program is one of the biggest ways that the university brings a private education within reach for hundreds of students every year. From funds endowed by generous donors who have ties to Mary Baldwin, to awards from national foundations, to aid for specific activities such as study abroad, MBU will match you with scholarships that meet your needs.
Merit Scholarships for Mary Baldwin College for Women/University College Students
- President’s Scholarship ($21,000)
- Dean’s Scholarship ($19,000)
- Baldwin Scholarship ($18,000)
- Founder’s Scholarship ($16,000)
- Opportunity Grant ($14,000)
Local and Regional Scholarships:
- Shen-Rock Regional Scholarship: Eligible students reside in Staunton City, Waynesboro City, Rockingham County, Nelson County, and Augusta County. This scholarship is renewable for up to four years as long as the student maintains good academic standing.
- Appalachian Opportunity Scholarship: Eligible students live in the Appalachian Region. This scholarship is renewable for up to four years as long as the student remains in good academic standing
- Alumni Best and Brightest Scholarship: One-time scholarship awarded to students who have been recommended to the Office of Admissions by an alumnus.
Virginia Women’s Institute for Leadership Band Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who audition and are accepted into the VWIL marching band. Students do not have to be a member of the Virginia Women’s Institute for Leadership in order to audition. Please contact the Office of Admissions for more information
Special Tuition Rates
- Educator’s Choice: This tuition rate is available to students who are currently employed educators in the Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Licensure, the Master of Arts in Teaching or the Master of Education programs. The tuition is discounted from $495/credit hour to $425/credit hour – a 14% discount. Students will need to provide proof of employment in order to demonstrate eligibility.
- Summer Scholarship Offer: Students enrolled full-time for the fall and the spring of the preceding year are eligible for a $500 scholarship if they register for at least 3 credit hours during the summer session. Students enrolled at least half-time for the fall and the spring of the preceding year are eligible for a $250 scholarship if they register for at least 3 credit hours during the summer session.
- Military Leader Scholarship: A $1,500 annual scholarship is available to students who were honorably discharged from military service — spouses and dependents may also qualify. Students must be enrolled in at least 6 credits per qualifying semester to receive $500 up to the annual limit. Proof of military service required. This scholarship may be used toward undergraduate or graduate classes.
- First Responder Scholarship: Students who are currently employed in emergency medical services, law enforcement, and fire and rescue may qualify for this new scholarship opportunity. Eligible students can receive up to $1,500 annually and must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per qualifying semester. Proof of employment is required. This scholarship may be used toward undergraduate or graduate classes.
- Community Leader Scholarship: $1,500 scholarship available to students who are currently employed at a company or business that is a member in good standing of a Virginia Chamber of Commerce. Students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per qualifying semester. Proof of employment is required. This scholarship may be used toward undergraduate or graduate classes.
Academic Departmental Scholarships
- Carpenter Health Care Administration Scholarship
- Carpenter Ministry Scholarship
- Carpenter MLitt/MFA Scholarship
- Green-Jones Masters of Arts in Teaching Scholarship
Academic Achievement Scholarships:
- Hill-House Scholarship: The Hill-House Scholarship is awarded to the top academic student in each class. The student receiving the scholarship will be notified by their academic dean as there is no application required.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship: Students inducted into Phi Theta Kappa as a Virginia community college student are eligible for $1,500 merit scholarship. Please contact the Office of Admissions regarding this award.
Virginia Grants and Scholarships:
Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges (VFIC) Scholarships:
- AEP/Appalachian Power #1
- AEP/Appalachian Power #2
- Bank of America
- BB&T Charitable Foundation #1
- BB&T Charitable Foundation #2
- Booth, A. Lea #1
- Booth, A. Lea #2
- Brock, Macon and Joan #1
- Brock, Macon and Joan #2
- Brock, Macon and Joan #3
- Dollar Tree
- Dominion Resources
- Excelencia Initiative Scholarship #1
- Excelencia Initiative Scholarship #2
- Excelencia Initiative Scholarship #3
- Excelencia Initiative Scholarship #3
- Excelencia Initiative Scholarship #4
- Excelencia Initiative Scholarship #5
- HRH Charitable Fund
- Hunter Trust #1
- Hunter Trust #2
- Landmark Foundation
- Luck Companies
- Mars Foundation
- Media General
- Norfolk Southern #1
- Norfolk Southern #2
- SunTrust Foundation Scholars
- Union Bank & Trust
- Universal Corporation #1
- Universal Corporation #2
Mary Baldwin is fortunate to have over 250 endowed scholarships funded by our generous alumni and other private donors. Each scholarship has specific criteria and eligibility requirements. You are automatically considered for our endowed scholarship program after you are admitted to Mary Baldwin and have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).